Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Torture

There has been a lot of worthless bloviating in Liberal circles about so-called "torture" at Club Gitmo, (ooooh....) secret CIA prisons, etc. Let me start by saying I'm against torture. Real torture. As in cutting people's fingers off, ripping off their fingernails, ripping off their skin etc. But I just can't accept that loud rap music, pouring water over someone's face(OH MY GOSH! With a hood on???) calling them a "queer", and calling their sisters and mothers "sluts", is really torture.
In fact, this hypervintilating, incredibly solemn "investigative" article by ABC News, is just laughable. It's so laughable, I am posted it just as it appeared.
Here are the techniqes their "secret sources" described. (Bold theirs, italics mine.)

1. The Attention Grab: The interrogator forcefully grabs the shirt front of the prisoner and shakes him.(My little brother Jonathan does this to me every day...)

2. Attention Slap: An open-handed slap aimed at causing pain and triggering fear.(And Rebekah does this...)

3. The Belly Slap: A hard open-handed slap to the stomach. The aim is to cause pain, but not internal injury. Doctors consulted advised against using a punch, which could cause lasting internal damage.(Yeah, and a suicide bombing might cause lasting internal damage, too, but that's just my opinion.)

4. Long Time Standing: This technique is described as among the most effective. Prisoners are forced to stand, handcuffed and with their feet shackled to an eye bolt in the floor for more than 40 hours. Exhaustion and sleep deprivation are effective in yielding confessions. (Haven't they ever been to the Post Office?)

5. The Cold Cell: The prisoner is left to stand naked in a cell kept near 50 degrees. Throughout the time in the cell the prisoner is doused with cold water.(Gosh, Doctors have been using this for years. Now the real question is do they use the "little red rubber hammer" torture technique?)

6. Water Boarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.
(Momeeeee! They're having a breath holding contest! It's torture!)

26 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Edward, that post of yours is hysterical. Rebekah's post was also hysterical. I didn't realize she, and you, were such commedians! You make very good points which creeps like your "anonymous" commentor don't want to admit. When people sign in to your blog as "anonymous" it shows they are complete and utter cowards. If you don't have the guts to put your name to your convictions then you don't have any guts, period!

I have turned "anonymous" comments off on my blogs simply by not letting anyone in who isn't signed on as a blogger. You can do that in the settings mode of blogger if you wish. However, you may wish to put up with this type of vile nonsense, just so they show who they are. But we already know who they are, don't we?

You are 13 years old. Any one who would go into a 13 year-old's blog and talk like the creep above did is a low-life. I would call him/her something else, but not on your blog!

You go Edward. Great blogging. I laughed very hard until I saw a complete piece of garbage posting here!

P.S. The link you left in the comment section of my post doesn't work, but I'm going to link you to both of my blogs. Keep up the great work! :)

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Edward said...

Anonymous is deleted. He/she/it's probably a WASP, too!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Awesome blog you go......

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Okay, I've got you linked! :)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger jgf said...

Very good! Love the comments you inserted!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger ABFreedom said...

Excellent post... sounds like a typical family day to me ... lol

What they do isn't torture at all, as there is no long lasting pain or suffering...

You never did say what torture you dish out... or should I ask your sisters? ... ;-)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

ABF - 'course he didn't mention what he does. Grrrr... younger brothers are very irritating!

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger jgf said...

Anon Creep,

You are right. Anyone who injures a child should be tortured. However, their politics do not matter in this.

Get a grip and check out everyone not just those you disagree with politically.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Anonymous, my brother will continue to delete you - you may consider yourself banned from this site. Why don't you get a life?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Edward said...

Anonymous: Stay ON SUBJECT, provide FACTS and keep it CLEAN if you want to comment here.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Anonymous: You are right. Sex offenders should be tortured. So... why are you leftists for "rehabilitation" instead of real punishment? Why do you tell a Republican not to "drink the kool-aid", when you obviously have been sippin' it yourself?

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Robosquirrel said...

Whoa! What? Torturing sex offenders? Are you kidding me? What about Christian charity and forgiveness?

Look, I'm all for punishing heinous crimes, but there's justice and then there's revenge! Do you want the government to have across the board powers to do whatever it wants to its citizens?I really hope I'm misunderstanding the direction of these comments, especially what you are saying, Rebekah.

I didn't read Anon's comments before Ed deleted them, but they couldn't have been very relevant if were suddenly talking about this instead of gaining intelligence from captive terrorists in a timely fashion.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

No, according to modern laws and Justice, we can't torture Sex Offenders. Darn. Joseph Smith isn't covered under my Christian charity. Okay, not tortured, just the same thing done back to them...

Anon. was saying that all Republicans are Sex Offenders and that it's a problem "confined to the right" and we should torture them. He was grasping at straws. As usual. :)

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Hey-You said...

Great Post Gun Dude
Got ya linked, too.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger TexasFred said...

Well, I'll say this, if you kids EVER need a step Mom and Dad, me and my wife will take y'all in a heartbeat, you'd fit right in with my own kids...

It makes me proud, PROUD I tell you, to see youngsters like this, it gives me faith that America is NOT dead and there IS another generation ready to take the mantle of freedom...

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Thanks, Texasfred.

But are you sure you want 4 kids? :)

Hey-you: what's your url so I can link ya' too?

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Edward said...

By the way, TexasFred, I'll link you too. :)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Drew said...

I'm absolutely positive that Jesus is all about the torture.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Hey-You said...

It is http://www.dallons.com/blog
I don't know why it didn't show up in my previous comment - I didn't leave it off intentionally.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Hey, chasingdogma - did Edward say he was for torture? As I recall, his first sentence was "let me start by saying I'm against torture. Real torture..."

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://zbxffjtz.com/kodb/putv.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://muedraey.com/qvgi/qhzo.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://zbxffjtz.com/kodb/putv.html | http://juvjfnea.com/pyca/thyt.html

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez
[url=http://bk-magazin.com][/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home